Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Arrivals...

Finding out news that my sister is with child or had a child has certainly evolved over the years.

Eight years ago we were told while she was pregnant... everyone was happy... that doesn't necessarily include Daddio and I. My sister was living out of state, with a man she had met online, was unwed, blah blah blah... but my parents were thrilled... the first grandchild!

Two and half years ago I received a phone call from my sister explaining to me she was pregnant, with a different father, didn't know how far along she was, could I help her find medical help, and would we consider adopting this child. (We knew she wasn't serious about the last part... but we did attempt to help her, she just never bothered to do anything.)

Last year, at my niece's 7th birthday my dad pulls me aside and tells me that my sister had another baby (my sister hadn't bothered to attend the party), he was in NICU and had already been there for several weeks. He felt like he better go ahead and let us know just in case my niece spilled the beans during the party.

Last Tuesday, a late phone call from my father (Daddio spoke to him) just letting us know that my sister had another baby boy that afternoon (no name given, we didn't find that out til this week).

In most families the addition of a baby is heralded, celebrated among the members...



4 comments:

nicole said...

We'll be praying for peace of heart and mind for the whole family.

Stephanie said...

OMG! That is all I can say...

Elizabeth said...

....I'm still dumbfounded with the latest news....Lord, may those babies know Your Infinite Love and Mercy. Be assured of our constant prayers for your family at this time.

Anonymous said...

I pray she finds inner peace and settles down to parent for the sake of the innocent kids. I hope your extended family can come together and marshal out some support for the kids. A child is a precious gift from God, we as adults/family/parents must protect them as their guardians here on earth. I pray for you all.