Monday, July 17, 2006

Victory over clutter

For a while now I wanted to re-organize the gameroom and the closet in there. My plan: create a second work station for homeschooling, and free up some much needed space for homeschooling supplies!

After a days work last week, and a weekend filled with shopping, and finally today the completion of operation Homeschool Cleanup, I'm proud to say that my master suite has been returned to just that, and the gameroom will retain it's status and gain the added delight of being the offical classroom.

Not only were we (and I do mean we, DH helped me so much... it was great) able to clean out a bunch of clutter and things we simply don't use/need, we also realized how many things that we have for the boys that we had forgotten about! All sorts of neat little games for us to sit down as a family and play.

But the light at the end of my journey was having selving put into the corner section of the closet... aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh... I just keep opening those doors and staring at it. It just fills me with joy knowing things are more easily in my reach, and so masterfully put away.

For DH, I think that idea that there is not a little desk in our room, and little books and what not will no longer clutter his sight when we wants to retreat to the bedroom for some solace! I would have to agree completely with that statement as well.

No comments: