Saturday, April 16, 2011

Finished project

Ok, I'll admit it... when it comes to crocheting I love to start projects... but don't finish them (quickly). Sure I've knocked out a baby blanket in a weekend, but generally speaking more important things come up and the project gets set in my unfinished yarn basket.

Anyway, I needed to get motivated... this weekend is my niece's birthday and I wanted to come up with something great for her. I knew she wanted earrings, and that's fine. I found a great set of six pairs for a rather modest sum... but I wanted to do more. She is a girl after all, and I have very few of those to make things for... so to my yarn/idea basket I went (yesterday, Friday... nothing like last minute :-).

Here's what I came up with:
It is the cutest little bag! Perfect or a notebook, colored pencils, books, and an electronic game! It cost me NOTHING! I had all the yarn, and the adorable fabric that I lined the bag with... plus I added some stiff fusible interfacing to give it a little body. The outer yarn is a really soft dark blue (if you can't tell)... and no, I have no idea of the details on it. I've had it for years and the wrapping is long since gone (as it is with the other colors!)

I am super pleased with how it came out... and already have tons of ideas for more of these sorts of bags! (Don't worry I will finish them :-).

2 comments:

nicole said...

I seriously love this. My girls would love them too. They are always carrying around notebooks and crayons and books. So cute.

MommaLlama said...

Thanks Nicole! I was so excited it came out just like the image I had in my brain! I've been sewing and crocheting for years, but when it came to working without a pattern I was lost... but for some reason here lately a switch flipped in my brain and I've been able to create things without the use of a pattern, and they've turned out how I expected them to.