Wednesday, April 8, 2009

a sweet love story

So yesterday afternoon, MommaLlama and I got into one of those (rare, but not unheard of) marital snits. I'll spare you the details, but she took off to run some errands, and when she got back I was still grouchy, so I took off to run some errands of my own. I decided on the way home to drop the argument and bought a couple milkshakes to smooth things over. She gladly accepted, and a truce was declared. Then this evening, she showed me something in the freezer - it was the ice cream she had bought for ME when she was out last night. I didn't even know it was there, because I left before she had a chance to tell me. I got a kick out of how we both independently decided to bury the hatchet and both brought home a peace offering. So, you know, bad for my diet, but good for my marriage.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That's a lovely story! Hopefully I can remember it during one of our next snits.