Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ice Caps

Okay, I'm not sure why this has never occurred to me, but I found it hilarious. Read this post at Michelle Malkin. It's about a meteorologist who is challenging MSNBC's documentary on climate change. First he points out that we really don't contribute to melting ice caps. Also, that the Antarctic ice cap is actually growing, not shrinking. And finally, the part that made me go, DUH...

"Keep in mind that if the Polar icecap (without Greenland) melted…it would hardly cause sea level to rise, because the icecap is currently displacing water in the Arctic Ocean."

Remember that from elementary school? Frozen water (ice) takes up MORE volume than liquid water. Water lines burst in the winter because ice EXPANDS. If the polar ice caps melted, the sea levels would DROP, not rise. So why are they always trying to scare us about rising sea levels?

Maybe I'm missing something here, please fill me in...

No comments: