Monday, January 8, 2007

Tennis

Tonight was our first lesson... I say our, because DH and I were just as excited about it as the boys... okay maybe more excited. This is our first attempt into the world of organized sports with coaches/teachers other than ourselves. How did it go... SWIMMINGLY I think. Bobcat was in the Future Stars group (5-7), and while he was the right age, 6, he was clearly the smallest on the court. This is not uncommon for the little man, he is just so petite... but while his stature seemed small, he was the most focused out there. He listened intently and did the very best he could. In a class of 8 children total, he was able to hold his own and hit the ball when it came to him. I was so proud!


On another court was the class of Pee Wees (3-5 year olds), and this is where Bubba and Snookie spent their time. Luckily for the coach there was only one other child, making the class total 3! Bubba is a natural athlete, and while I worried that he might be fussy as he waited for his turn, he proved me wrong. He was just as attentive as his older brother (shocked me, but pleased me to NO end), and did his very best. Again, I beamed with pride.


Snookie, well, Snookie was just himself. He did the best he could as well, but at the ripe age of four he has some work to do. Luckily his older brother was there for him to try and immulate when he wasn't completely oblivious to the world around him. He ran when he was supposed too, and he hugged his racket (safety measure when it isn't your turn) when he was supposed too... but the hand/racket/eye coordination is somewhat lacking!


All in all it was a grand success and I can't wait till next week!

No comments: