Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Breaktime is OVER

Like most children, the boys started back to school today... at the kitchen table. Knowing how they are after a break I planned a light and fun load and we are going to spend this week easing back into our routine. It seems that sometimes no matter how fun you try to make it, fussing still occurs... or in Bobcat's case, simply not paying attention or giving a rat's rear on the task at hand.


After writing an entire page of the lower case 'p', we attempted to go back to the fun thing that we were working on, alas his little stubborn nature just didn't want to go on... so we tried another page of lower case 'p's to help inspire him and his attitude. No luck... so the kid had to write the entire alphabet (lower case). That little adventure start to finish was two hours (I kid you not). Thankfully the other two gladly and cheerfully did their tasks.


Once we finished school, a leap frog DVD was played to work on word building. Snookie needed some down time, Bubba really pays attention and is trying to learn, and Bobcat needed a refresher... so Tad (the youngest frog) worked with them for 30 minutes while I cleaned up my kitchen and school, and prepared lunch. The boys don't watch TV, or get to see movies all too often, and these short 30 minute movies are perfect to pop in occasionally when I need a moment to collect myself.


Nap time was great. I was able to do laundry, organize my new scrapbook bag (it is way cool... chocolate brown with pink trim), and relax for a little while... take a load off the ole' ankle and watched a little DIY Scrapbooking.


After naptime, Bobcat (without prompting) apologized for his earlier behavior and asked for forgiveness. It is stuff like that, recognizing that he needed to own up to how he choose to behave that helps me to practice patience in those moments of grief. I look forward to the day that he is able to adjust his attitude before something has to be said!

No comments: