Friday, December 15, 2006

So COOL

Background:  We came to Texas from La. because my dad got hired on at General Dynamics many moons ago... and that is when my love affair with fighter planes started.  Fastforward 18 years, my dad is back working for Lockheed Martin... and his team works on the JSF (computer top secret stuff that he would have to kill us if he told us kind of thing).


Today was the big day, early this morning we got up and got dressed.  We loaded up in the car with cereal and headed off to town.  The fog was incredible, I don't think I had ever seen it that thick before... and it worried me.  Would we actually get to see anything, would they postpone it to another day (again...)?  Take off was supposed to be at 9:00, but was push back... pushed back... pushed back, then lunch time came so we left and returned for the coolest thing... THE FIRST FLIGHT EVER OF THE JSF.  The roar of the jets were awesome.  It really is something to see.  After it took off, we jumped back in the car and raced of to the next viewing sight.  We jumped the curb, and within 10 minutes we were watching it fly over us and then down to the runways for a picture perfect landing.


And the best part was I got to share the experience with my children, and my parents!  My dad was there, all the stress and frustrations of the last few months at his work... and he got to watch his work take flight!


It was AMAZING!!!!  I can't wait to see it in person... a perk of knowing an employee :-).


 

No comments: