Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Scrapbooking

My mom came up with an idea at the end of summer to put together a scrapbook for my grandmother.  It would take some orchestration... but we would need to contact all the family and get them send us pictures, scan all that in, then build a mamoth of a scrapbook for my grandmother.  It is only later that we realized that to get our family members to send stuff was going to be like pulling teeth with some of them.  But alas we put many finishing touches on the book yesterday, with only a few details still left to be finished.  Why is this momentous... besides the fact that it is to be given on Saturday... many of the pictures we received was the first time either mom or I had seen them.


Over the last several months I have gotten to see pictures of many of my family that had passed away when I was very young.  I can hardly remember them from my past, but these pictures spoke volumes on their character and personality.  Not to mention seeing where everyone got certain features from.  To see yourself in others when they were younger (nearer your own age) was really fun.  Of course to see the fashion, and hairstyles was pretty funny as well... and to some degree sad too.  To see ladies at the Grand Canyon dressed in lovely dresses, pearls, and purses... something you think was just made up for the movies, but that is really how things were.


I can't wait till my kids are able to see some of the pictures and learn about some of my memories.  It really is a window into the soul.

No comments: