Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chipotle Chicken

We love Chipotle! Who doesn't right... we can feed our family rather cheaply there (we share a few bowls), and we can be totally GF and safe for Bobcat with no problems!

We also like to make 'burrito' bowls here at the house, but I've never been able to get close to the flavor the restaurant serves... so that became my mission... find a recipe marinade that sounded (and smelled) like the real thing so to speak. Here's what I tried this time:

  • 1/4 cup canned chipotle chiles in adobo*
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, pressed
  • 1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 3 1/ 2-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces

Puree a ll ingredients, then let marinade. Finish off by grilling.

So far it smells great! So we are off to a good start. I will let you know how it taste after this evenings chicken chipotle burrito bowls!




2 comments:

nicole said...

I think it will be delicious (minus the cilantro). ;)

MommaLlama said...

SUPER TASTY!!!! I highly recommend this particular recipe!