Friday, March 23, 2007

I have an illness!

Cleaning is my illness... I know, I know... some of you out there are not going to throw me a pity party or anything :-).


But take for instance today. DH got home early from work, and took the kids out in the front yard for some wear down time outside fun, and that freed up a little of my time so I vaccumed the living room, and then decided I would take the vaccum into the kitchen and clean out some of the lower cabnets... you know they get little things back in the corners and it is easier to suck it out and then go back with a rag to dust it (well that's at least what I like to do). Then I remembered that I really needed to pull EVERYTHING out from under my sink and clean that up and lay down some contact paper because some of my bottles under there were leaving rings, and at some point we had a pesky leak under there and I want to protect the bottom from any further water damage. That took some time, cleaning it all up, then laying all the paper, then putting things back where they go. And, heck, since I was going to that much trouble why not pull the stove out as well and clean back there... it's been a while and dog hair likes to slide under there and cluster. And then the fridge... well I didn't pull it away from the wall, I just stuck the hose thing under it and sucked a bunch of dust from there as well.


Then I had a few dirty rags, so I threw them into the laundry room... and realized that there were enough dirty towels to make a load. So I went around to the bathrooms to collect the rest of the towels and figured I should clean up around the sinks and toilets while I was at it... finally I got that done and the towels and rags into the machine and washing.


And when I was putting stuff away in the cabinet in the laundry room I saw the can of compressed air (for cleaning electronics and what not) and thought to myself, "myself, I can't remember the last time I blew out the keyboard for the computer... hmmm, I should do that"


After I finished that up... I said that it must stop, honestly I saw several more things I could have done, but I needed to get dinner going! So that is in the oven and instead of picking up some other job to take care of I decided to blog... because between all the laundry I've done today, grocery shopping, thrift store drop off, vaccuming all the rooms, ironing, and then my little kitchen extravaganza... I'm tuckered out!


When I saw it is an illness... I say that because this is a regular thing for me, I get to doing something and it SNOWBALLS! I think I need a drink... happy weekend :-).

No comments: