Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Marching band

There might be some out there that didn't know that when in high school I was in a marching band... and loved it. This weekend we went and saw my sister-in law (a senior) participate in a marching band contest... and boy did it bring back memories.

I can honestly say that that was the last time that I actually knew exactly what I was doing. I say that in the sense that, I knew my music, I knew my drills, and I knew exactly what was expected of me. Now that I'm all grown up, a wife, a mom, and many other things... things are so clear cut. While my roles are some what definable, there isn't a rule book per say... most of the time I feel like I'm winging it, and while I know what the goal is, I don't always know the best route to take.

Who knew that looking back at marching band would make me so philosophical. :-)

No comments: