Monday, October 9, 2006

2 years - 2 months - 2 days

That was the streak we had going with the boys (from the day they came home to us) till our first throw-up illness. To say we've been lucky is an understatement!

What was unfortunate about it (besides the fact that there was vomit involved), was where it happened. Just as I got Snookie out of the BEAST in the church parking lot, he let it rip... thankfully I had just stepped back about half a step to close the door... NEAR MISS ON ME! Thankfully I didn't freak out (trust me, it occured to me, but I decided that it would probably scare him if Mommy started screaming and gagging).

I had the good sense to remove him from the parking lot and on to the grassy area, where he continued to puke his guts out. We had a few well wishers, asking if we needed any help (did I really look that disillusioned... probably). Thankfully we still carry a diaper bag in the back of the BEAST, just in case some one falls a pond/mudd puddle, so we had supplies... wipes, change of cloths, and a towel. So we loaded back up into the BEAST, Snookie with a towel over him and car seat (there is no way I'm cleaning up pukey car seat... we would toss and buy a new one, yep I don't care how much it costs).

On the ride home, of course he was in great spirits (can't keep a good Snookie down), and seemed to be feeling a lot better. DH had gotten them up that morning, fed them breakfast, and started the dressing process (while I showered, and prepared myself... then I finished dressing them)... and said that Snookie was not acting out of the ordinary and this really surprised him. Something I didn't mention was when I finished dressing them in there room I noticed a funky smell... but these boys have the funkiest breath in the morning and it usually fills there room and takes an hour or so to freshen up... so that is what I chauked up to. (Sidenote, Snookie sleeps on the bottom pull out bed, and once he is up it is pushed under the bunk bed unit. And when DH gets the boys up, he doesn't typically turn lights on so as to not shock their little eyes. So he had them up, pushed the bed in and never noticed anything).

Once we arrive home, and got Snookie all set up, I went to the boys room and was going to strip the bed and clean his sheets. To my dismay, when I pulled Snookies bed out.... YOU GUESSED IT... covered in PUKE! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH. Nice. (Yep, I did think about just throwing them away... but I didn't, I actually washed them... SEVERAL TIMES)

Thankfully that was it... no more puke... and the Snookie Monster... seems to be doing just fine!

No comments: