Thursday, December 16, 2010

Tin for TEN

(that's what all the websites claim is the traditional anniversary gift this year...)

This is what it looked like when it started 14 years ago:


Then 10 years ago today, it started in a whole new way...
This is what it looks like now...
Now that we've hit 10 years I think we finally have some street cred. don't ya think? I mean, who does anything for 10 years these days... let alone marriage.

10 years of marriage... just saying it sounds kind of weird. So in 10 years what's happened? As Daddio so aptly put it on my FB page...
five home addresses
three little boys
four new jobs
thousands of kisses
millions of laughs
(you get the picture)
I would add... trial by fire, flyin by the seat of our pants, you and me against the world... yeah, I think that covers it :)

Now some may be interested in what we did to celebrate... my sweet, awesome, amazing husband took me to the one place I've wanted to go for YEARS!!!! SIMPLY FONDUE!!!! I'm sure there were a million other places he thought he would like better, and wouldn't have to practically take out a second mortgage on the house to cover the bill... but he made reservations for an out of the way booth just for the two of us! It was amazing... four courses (of maybe the best food EVER), a new and different glass of wine with each, and 3 hours of quiet conversation... well, it was AMAZING!

3 comments:

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

Awwwww!!!! Happy Anniversary you crazy kids! I love the picture of you on the band bus! You two are great friends, parents, and Christians walking the walk! God bless you both on your special day!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! I too love the picture of the band nerds on the yellow dog. Okay, so I checked out Fondue's menu and I have to wonder...what did you order? I would've gone for one of their chicken dishes the strawberry spinach salad and the reeses fondue (if it was gluten-free).

nicole said...

Happy Anniversary! So glad you got to celebrate in a meaningful and memorable way. Ten years is a fabulous start, I'm sure you'll have many, many more.

P.S. Why didn't you put a picture you guys on your card after all the hard work you've been doing this year?