Saturday, February 3, 2007

His to Hers

I went picked up my niece this morning to have her spend the day with us. Some unfortunate circumstances recently arose, and for her protection and innocense she needed to spend some time with us. Bobcat came with me to pick her and to run some errands with me before we made it back home.

Now my niece is not being brought up in the faith, and at the ripe age of 4 1/2 has not been to church let alone baptized. And while it is not our place to make such things happen, it pains DH and I to no end that these things have not occured.

While in the car, the two of them were chatting in the back and I just listened to them. It is always interesting to hear what little ones say to each other... and kind of out of the blue Bobcat asked my niece if he could sing her a song. (He had and still has no idea of the situation that she had been plucked from). She agreed to hear his song if she could sing one to him after he finished... and here is what he sang to her:

How Great is our God
How Great is His Name
How Great is our God
Forever the same.
He rolled back the waters,
Of the mighty Red Sea,
And he said "I'll never leave you,
Put your trust in Me."

I lost it... tears were streaming down... I guess his guardian angel needed to let her know that all would be okay!

No comments: